If you’ve installed AVGFree giving you “LICENSE NOT FOUND” then you may find a solution in the following process. Some of us hold outs are still running Windows XP so support is getting scarce as well:
Fix AVGFREE License Not Found
- Go to START / SETTINGS / CONTROL PANEL
- Click on ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS
- Click on AVG 20xxx ( in my case I am running AVG 2011 even though this is Windows XP four years later)
- Click on CHANGE (no Obama jokes please)
- Click on REPAIR
- Now be patient, a status bar should appear saying the process is engaged. It will take a few minutes. Get a cup of java, or peruse our website and check our other products and services at http://www.AVNetmedia.net
- You will probably need to reboot. When it comes back up AVGfree should be in need of updating, so update, then scan. The AVG icon should appear in the tray as fully functional no more complaining..
Questions? Feel free to contact us on the comments below, we’ll be happy to help.